Web & Application Professionals Meetup – June
The Long Beach Web & App dev Professionals (WAPRO) group meets monthly to showcase our cool tech projects, share best practices, network with each other, help newcomers, and share the values of open source software (F/OSS). We strive to do this in a professional, relaxed, respectful, and open venue for all people in our community. Website: http://www.waprolb.org
TALKS THIS MONTH
- James Polanco - React, WHY I MOVED TO REACT
- Chris Charlton - GITflow, I THINK YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
- Setup and Introductions (10min)
- Community News and Job Announcements (10min)
- Presentations (60min)
- Open-mic & Lightning Talks and/or Q&A (20min)
- Networking and post-meetup venue dubya (20min)
VENUE & MEETUP INFO
- DATE: Thursday Jun 18, 2015
- TIME: 6:30-9p
- LOCATION: Gunn Jerkens Marketing Communications, 3950 Cover Street Long Beach, CA 90808
- MAP LINK: Map
- Directions from 405 FWY at Lakewood: Directions
- Instructions: Gunn-Jerkins building is on the South-East corner of Cover + Schaufele. Enter driveway on Shaufele (just South of Cover), then first building on left at the SE corner of the building. If you have any trouble finding the office, please call: 562-499-6707.
- Please RSVP Note: We alternate meetup locations monthly.
Long Beach Web & Application Professionals #WAPRO Our goal, in essence, is to share and learn about the technology that ignites our imagination, builds our skill-set, expands our network, and grows community! If you have interest or work in Web or Application Development, add our meetup to your calendar now and join us!
We have a preference for open-source software, especially server-side. This year we have meetups focused on the life-cycle and technologies related to website and application development. We will especially try to delve into situations where mobile and web technologies converge. The meeting topics we cover will vary monthly and will be tailored to, and by, our community. Visit our website for more information and learn how to get invovled! http://www.waprolb.org
React, WHY I MOVED TO REACT
A brief look at React and why it won me over as my next UI framework. We’ll also examine how React can benefit larger teams and encourages large scale development.
James Polanco @jamespolanco
In his role as co-founder and CTO of DevelopmentArc, James strives to take powerful business ideas and integrate them into elegant technological experiences to help clients achieve their overall strategic goals. Since 1996, James has helped plan, guide and create interactive and web-based solutions for companies including Adobe, Toyota Motor Sports, BlueKai, VMWare, Macromedia, and DHAP Digital. James is also an international speaker, presenting on technology implementations & processes and a published author on the topic of full team product development and company workflows.
GITFlow, I THINK YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
A pragmatic talk on GIT. #workflow. #secretsauce.
Chris Charlton @charltonweb
Published Tech Author. Programming Community Astronaut. I built http://SpaceX.com . Talents: #TechR&D #Gaming #Code #Events #Writing